Necklace: Loren Hope/ Rocksbox subscription (1 month FREE with the code “STACIELAMOTHEXOXO”)
It’s my BIRTHDAY!!! I won’t tell you how old I am, LOL but I will say I’m in my early 30s. AHH!! I still feel like I’m in my 20’s so I guess that’s all that matters right?! If any of you guys are like me you spend weeks planning your birthday outfit. This year I knew I wanted to incorporate a really fun birthday outfit into my blog. I spotted this adorable top floating around Instagram and I thought I had to rock it for my birthday and I love supporting small shops. I paired it with this adorable tulle skirt and my favorite leopard pumps! These shoes are seriously my favorite, every girl needs a pair of leopard pumps and they are so comfortable!
Now for the best part! A little fact about me is that I used to own a little home-based organic cupcake company, something I started when my daughter was around 3 months old. I quickly realized starting a new business with an infant was not a smart idea. Another fun fact about me is that my family and I have been eating an all organic diet for the last 4 years, so of course, I wanted to incorporate this into my business. However keeping the cost of organic cupcakes as low as possible was a challenge so I decided to close up shop about a year later. It was a lot of fun though and I will say my chocolate cupcakes are to die for! I spent MONTHS perfecting these, they are moist and oh so delicious!! This recipe is TOP SECRET :p! I provided links to the exact ingredients I use.
Best Chocolate Cupcakes!
- 3 tbs coconut/canola oil blend
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick organic butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp organic All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slowly melt the oil and chocolate together in the microwave and mix mixture until completely smooth and set aside to cool. I do this at 30sec intervals. Mixing after every 30sec interval.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder. Add salt. Set aside.
- Whip butter with sugar for 3 min.
- Mix in eggs, yolk, and vanilla – beat until smooth. Add the cooled chocolate mixture – whip until smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the sour cream. Repeat the process until everything is added; mix until JUST combined
- Quickly stir in the hot water. Do not over mix! VERY IMPORTANT!
Bake for 16-18 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup organic butter (24 Tbs)
- 5-6 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- In a medium bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and set aside.
- With your electric mixture, cream butter until smooth for approx 5-6min on medium to high speed (VERY important step!).
- Slow down your mixture and add sifted confectioners’ sugar slowly. After blended, mix on high for 2 min.
- Slow down your mixture and add vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder (I use a little over 1/4cup)
Photo Credit: Purely Ruined Studios
Thanks so much for stopping by!